Team Tuesday: Meet Mel!
By: Ashley Martin-Hanlon
Today, we'd like to introduce you to our new Administrative Assistant, Mel Bearns! Take it away, Mel!
1. What is your name?
2. What is your position title?
3. What do you do at Easter Seals?
I help Katie with all the administrative duties around the office.
4. How long have you been with Easter Seals?
About two weeks!
5. What is the biggest thing you have learned since coming here?
Easter Seals is a very inspiring place. I absolutely love it here!
6. What is your biggest dream for Easter Seals this year?
That all the participants have so much fun with all the awesome programs we offer! There are so many great people here!
7. Did you ever consider becoming a teacher? Why or why not?
I actually did want to be a teacher when I was younger. Not sure why I didn't go for it...
8. What's the most important thing to you in life?
My family and of course my doggie! (If you don't already know, my dog has my whole heart)
9. What was the weirdest food you've ever eaten?
I'm really weird about food anyway, ha ha.. So I don't eat weird foods. I actually just started eating fish (which was a big deal to me)
10. What is the most outrageous thing you've done?
I like to drive up over sidewalks (Is that outrageous?) Haha
11. If you were given 24 hours to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
I would hop on a plane and go straight to Bora Bora
12. If you were in a talent competition, what would your talent be?
My talent would be singing a song. I'm a very good singer - Just ask my friends! Nah don't ask them...Well at least I think I'm a good singer, even though my friends and family would say I don't have a note in my head .. haha
13. What do you think the most ultimate gift of the world is?
The most ultimate gift of the world would be world peace
14. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Twister- Chocolate and Vanilla. Yum!
15 Tell us something that nobody in the office knows about you.
I am really shy, but once I get to know you I am really funny, and sometimes loud (can you believe I am loud?) Ha!
16 What is your earliest childhood memory?
When my brother packed us up and said we were running away. We made it to the end of the street and turned around and came back again. I don’t have a clue why he was taking me with him while he ran away. I'm not even sure why he was running away, maybe my other brother took one of his toys... who knows?
17 What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
BeetleJuice, Mr. Dress Up & Full House
18 If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
I would have someone come to my house and massage my feet every night. I ask everyone I know to massage my feet but they just laugh at me and think I'm joking. I'm really not joking though...
19 What music is in your personal music player right now?
I love all different kinds of music. So a little bit of everything
20 The great theologian Andy Warhol stated that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame. What happened during your 15 minutes?
I don't know, it went too fast and I can’t remember haha!
Thanks, Mel! Your sense of humour is sure to make you fit in just perfectly with us here at Easter Seals House. We're delighted to have you on the team!