Team Tuesday: Meet Chantelle!
By: Ashley Martin-Hanlon
Today, we'd like to introduce Chantelle McDonald, our new Horizons Program Assistant!
Take it away, Chantelle!
1. What is your name? Chantelle McDonald
2. What is your position title? Program Assistant, Horizons Work Experience Program
3. What do you do at Easter Seals? I help people faced with barriers discover their full potential while gaining useful skills to enter the workforce and be all they can be!
4. How long have you been with Easter Seals? Just over a week! Fresh meat
5. What is the most important thing you have learned during your time here? How welcoming everyone here is, there's a safe space for everyone at Easter Seals!
6. What is your biggest dream for Easter Seals this year? That as many people as possible get involved with of all the wonderful programs & services it has to offer.
7 What book has influenced you greatly? How? Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. One of the most insightful books i've ever read and really changed the way I handle hard times when life throws them my way!
8 It's Saturday morning. What's the first thing you do when you wake up? Snuggle my puppies
9. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do? Something that doesn't involve coordination or talent of any kind
10 What is the best gift anyone's ever given to you? Tickets to see the red hot chilli peppers in concert
11 You were just given a yacht. What would you name it? The Mr. Beaumont
12 If you could have been told one thing that you weren't told when you were a teenager, what would you like to have heard? Don't listen to people when they tell you these are the best years of your life. Make right now the best time in your life always!
13 What are your three favorite smells? Old book smell, moms cooked dinner and my dogs smelly paws (they smell like Doritos)
14 You've just been hired to a promotions position at Kellogg's. What would you put in a new breakfast cereal box as a gimmick? Nothing will ever compare to the awesome computer games that used to come in them, but probably a toy or something.
15 If you were to get a tattoo, what would it say or what would the graphic be? I already have three but planning to get some more wildflowers soon.
16 Name your favorite song. Hard to choose but I'd have to say Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac. The best way to start any morning!
17 If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why? If you already play an instrument(s), what do you play and why? Drums seem like an awesome way to release stress while jamming it out.
18 When trick-or-treating as a kid, was there any kind of candy that you didn't like to get? Candy Corn. Not sure why those things are still around.
19 What is your favorite memory of Christmases past? Just having all the family together under one roof enjoying good food, music and company.
20 If a movie was being made of your life and you could choose the actor/actress to play you, who would you choose and why? Probably Ellen Page because she seems to work on the same level of awkward/humor as myself.
Thanks so much for that, Chantelle! We're so glad to have you on our team!