If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms please stay home. If you start to feel unwell or experience symptoms while at Easter Seals House, you will be immediately isolated from others, and asked to leave immediately. Once at home, 811 should be called for appropriate follow-up. Please note if you have two (or more) of the following symptoms of possible COVID-19 illness (as described below), you should stay at home and call 811 for COVID-19 testing:
- Fever (or signs of a fever including chills, sweats, muscle aches and light-headedness);
- Sore throat;
- Painful swallowing;
- Headache; – Runny nose;
- Unexplained loss of appetite;
- Loss of sense of smell or taste.
To help mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread at Easter Seals House, the following protocols have been implemented:
- A plexi-glass barrier is installed at the reception desk;
- Signage is posted in our front entrance and throughout Easter Seals House reminding visitors to practice social distancing, wash their hands regularly and to wear a mask;
- Enhanced cleaning practices have been implemented for all equipment, high touched surfaces, such as desks, tables, chairs, doorknobs and light switches;
- Hand sanitizer and sanitization supplies are available in all areas;
- Directional arrows will be placed on the floor to direct the flow of people during programs and events, this will allow for physical distancing in walkways/hallways.
Visitor Access Control
- ESNL will not be accepting visitors for drop ins, visitors who must access Easter Seals House are required to complete a COVID-19 Site Screening document each and every time they visit, prior to their arrival;
- A sign will be posted on the main door, if someone does drop-in, the receptionist will ask them to leave and call our main line to discuss other options;
- The receptionist will also record visitors name and number on a log;
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times. Participants will be able to remove their mask once in their designated area during program delivery. It is recommended that people who are exempted strictly maintain a physical distance of two metres from other people, except the people accompanying them, if any;
- Physical distancing of two-metres (or two arm’s lengths) between individuals should be maintained as much as possible at Easter Seals House;
- Before entering Easter Seals House everyone should wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, masks and gloves will be readily available for participants and anyone who accompanies them;
- Where space does not allow for unidirectional travel, please ensure the area you need to walk in is free of other people.
It is the responsibility of Easter Seals, Newfoundland and Labrador to ensure these guidelines are followed to protect the health and safety of all persons. The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving rapidly; as such this guideline is subject to change based on the recommendations provided by Public Health and the Chief Medical Officer of Health.