Before visiting Easter Seals, please assess for symptoms of the common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or another infectious respiratory disease.
To help mitigate the risk of spreading infectious respiratory disease at Easter Seals House, the following protocols have been implemented:
- A plexiglass barrier is installed at the reception desk.
- Signage is posted at our front entrance and throughout Easter Seals House reminding visitors to practice social distancing, and to wash their hands regularly.
- Enhanced cleaning practices have been implemented for all equipment, and high-touched surfaces, such as desks, tables, chairs, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitization supplies are available in all areas.
Visitor Access Control
- Visitors who must access Easter Seals House are still required to complete a COVID-19 Self Assessment each and every time they visit.
- Visitors are recommended to wear a mask at all times. Participants will be able to remove their masks once in their designated area during program delivery. The physical distancing of two meters (or two arm’s lengths) between individuals should be maintained as much as possible at Easter Seals House.
- Before entering Easter Seals House everyone should wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves will be readily available for participants and anyone who accompanies them.
Information for Close Contacts
- A close contact is generally someone who has been near a person with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes when public health measures, such as masking and physical distancing, were not in place.
- Close contacts may include friends and family, people who attended a social gathering or event with you, people you work with, etc.
- Contacts may require testing and/or isolation to control the spread of COVID-19.
- If you were told you are a close contact, you can find instructions on isolation and testing in the Close Contacts Flowchart
- If you need help in determining your self-isolation requirements, please call 1-833-951-3859 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. This email is monitored from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
It is the responsibility of Easter Seals, Newfoundland, and Labrador to ensure these guidelines are followed to protect the health and safety of all persons.