The Fraser Edison Easter Seals Ambassador Trust (FEESAT)
The Fraser Edison Easter Seals Ambassador Trust (FEESAT) was established by Fraser Edison in 2003 and provides a $2,000 educational scholarship to Easter Seals Ambassadors. FEESAT celebrates the unwavering determination, positive attitude and future promise of children with physical disabilities.
Fraser Edison has been a long time champion and ambassador for the children of Easter Seals in Newfoundland and Labrador. Diagnosed with polio at the age of two and growing up during a time when a disability was often equated with inability, Fraser’s strength of character and level of success provides valuable inspiration and motivation to children with disabilities.
Are you interested in being our 2021 Easter Seals Ambassador?
As an applicant, we ask you to submit a letter outlining why you wish to be our Ambassador, your personal interests and hobbies, and your plans upon completion of high school.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
The nominating committee of the Easter Seals NL Board of Directors will personally review each application. Selection of the Ambassador will involve consideration of:
- Age (8-18)
- Ability to communicate (verbally, non-verbally or through augmentative communication)
- Willingness to meet with people and ability to feel comfortable in a group setting
- Availability and willingness of family member(s) to accompany the Ambassador at functions if necessary
- Home location in Avalon East
- Plans for post-secondary education
- Involvement with Easter Seals Newfoundland and Labrador