The Fraser Edison Easter Seals Ambassador Trust (FEESAT)
The Fraser Edison Easter Seals Ambassador Trust (FEESAT) was established by Fraser Edison in 2003 and provides a $2,000 educational scholarship to Easter Seals Ambassadors. FEESAT celebrates the unwavering determination, positive attitude and future promise of children with physical disabilities.
Fraser Edison has been a long time champion and ambassador for the children of Easter Seals in Newfoundland and Labrador. Diagnosed with polio at the age of two and growing up during a time when a disability was often equated with inability, Fraser’s strength of character and level of success provides valuable inspiration and motivation to children with disabilities.
Are you interested in being our 2024 Easter Seals Ambassador?
As an applicant, we ask you to submit a letter outlining why you wish to be our Ambassador, your interests and hobbies, and your plans upon high school completion.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
The Easter Seals NL Board of Directors nominating committee will personally review each application. Selection of the Ambassador will involve consideration of the following:
- Age (8-18)
- Ability to communicate (verbally, non-verbally, or through augmentative communication)
- Willingness to meet with people and ability to feel comfortable in a group setting
- Availability and willingness of family member(s) to accompany the Ambassador at functions if necessary
- Home location in Avalon East
- Plans for post-secondary education
- Involvement with Easter Seals Newfoundland and Labrador